- 4 slices Sunbake White or Brown Bread
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 tbls oil or butter for frying
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 x 400g pork sausages, meat removed from their skins
- 2 tbls chopped sage leaves
- 4 tbls chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
Place the sliced bread on a baking tray and dry in a 120°C oven for about 10 – 15 minutes, cool and whizz into breadcrumbs. Fry the onion and celery in the butter for 5 mins, then add the apple and cook briefly. Cool before mixing well with remaining ingredients and seasoning.
Use a quarter of the mix to stuff the neck end of the turkey, then roll any leftovers into balls. Roast turkey or chicken as per normal roasting instructions. The stuffing balls can either be cooked until golden brown in a pan or placed in the roasting tin for the last 30 minutes of the bird’s roasting time.
For a chicken – halve the following recipe