- 2 Sunbake Hot Dog Rolls
- 400 g ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbls capers, drained and
- 1 avo, peeled and chopped
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 tbls olive oil
- 1 tbls red wine vinegar
- Small handful basil leaves or baby mixed lettuce leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan shavings and
toasted pinenuts – optional
Place tomatoes in a bowl and season well. Add garlic, capers, avocado and onion, mix gently. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Tear the bread into rough 2cm pieces and place on a baking tray. Drizzle over half the olive oil and bake in the oven at 180°C for 8 – 10 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy. Cool, then drizzle over half the olive oil and half the vinegar and season. When ready to serve, mix together with the tomatoes and any juices. Scatter with basil leaves and drizzle over remaining oil and vinegar and give a final stir. Serve immediately with parmesan shavings and pinenuts.